|Minimum verblijf||7 nachten|
Palmer Point is een van de oudste huisje kolonies in de Adirondacks. We zijn continu in bedrijf sinds 1895 aanbieden huisje en bootverhuur geweest. Palmer Point is dicht bij alle attracties in de omgeving, maar in een rustige omgeving meer front. Bezienswaardigheden zijn wandelpaden, paardrijden, Enchanted Forest / Water Safari waterpark, The Wild Nature Center, raften, restaurants, Inlet Golf Course, Thendera Golf Course, op Fourth Lake, Fulton keten van meren, bioscoop, cadeauwinkels, souvenir winkels, ijs stands, Arrowhead Park evenementen zoals juli vierde vuurwerk, Black Fly Challenge, fietsverhuur. Het hoofdgebouw, met zijn beschutte veranda en de grote open haard is ideaal voor winderige dagen en gezellige avonden. Het ligt direct aan het water met een spectaculair uitzicht over het vierde Lake.
My family absolutely adores the ADK; unfortunately, we cannot say the same thing for the Palmer House. It is important for other prospective renters to know the following:
1. The listing states that the Palmer House "is located right on the waterfront with a spectacular view across Fourth Lake." While the Palmer House is waterfront, it's view is nearly completely obstructed by the pontoon boats that they rent and dock directly in front (within 5 feet) of the screened in porch. This occurs day and night.
2. The Palmer House is part of a heavily trafficked gas station. The pictures do not show the view of the gas tank, a few mere feet from the screened in porch, and the gas pump that is also nearby. When the gas tanker arrived to fill up the gas tank, it was during our lunchtime. This resulted in the smell of gasoline pervading the inside of the Palmer House and forcing us to quickly finish up our lunch and leave for the rest of the day (It was that bad....). Similarly, anytime a boater came for a fill-up, the smell of gas overwhelmed the screened in porch causing you to flee.
3. This listing also states that the Palmer House's amenities include, among other things, bicycles, canoes, kayaks and pedal boats. These items are not included as part of the rental as you would expect for something listed as an amenity. Instead, for an additional price, they can be rented. That is not clear from the listing.
4. The drawers and closets are inexplicably cluttered with what can be only described as junk, and also there piles of YEARS old magazines. Both of which leave the impression that no one cares about the state of the Palmer House.
5. While the main level bathroom has been updated and there is a new stainless refrigerator and a new stainless stove, the rest of the place clearly needs a lot of TLC (which includes a thorough cleaning).
We could go on and on....
In sum, my family will most certainly return to the ADK, but will not return to the Palmer Point property again. We sincerely feel that we were victims of a classic "bait and switch" and want others to be forewarned.
We had a really great time @ Palmer Point! The main house is much bigger than the pictures look, we were very impressed with everything.The people are so friendly, it was like we'd known them for years. Their hospitality was superb! I highly recommend Palmer Point, that is if you want "the perfect place" on Fourth Lake!
Gelegen langs Rt. 28 slechts 7 mijl ten oosten van Old Forge aan de oever van het prachtige 4 Lake in de Central Adirondack Mountains, en slechts enkele minuten van de steden van Eagle Bay en Inlet.
Cruise de Fulton Keten van meren en geniet van de mooie uitzichten.
Omring jezelf met prachtige evergreens en rustieke flare.
Maak Palmer Point
uw volgende vakantie bestemming.
|Periode||Minimum prijs||Extra nachten||Weekend overnachting||Wekelijks||Maandelijks||Evenement|
1 dec 2016 - 31 mrt 2017
121 nacht minimum verblijf
7 nacht minimum verblijf
voor 7 nachten
Weekly rental rate is $2,200
Available for weekly rentals from May through October and winter season rental from December through March.
$2,200 per week
$7,000 for winter season