Porthminster House St Ives is prachtig gelegen op een heuvel met een panoramisch uitzicht
Simon & Carole Copperwait
Zwembad / Spa
Roken niet toegestaan
Huisdieren niet toegestaan
100% terugbetaling bij annulering ten minste 60 dagen voor de aankomstdatum.
We have had a fantastic holiday at Porthminster House, St Ives. The house is in a stunning location, with views over Porthminster Beach and only a 10-minute walk to the beach or town.
The house had plenty of room for our family of 7 adults and 2 children but is not a four-bathroom property. There is an ensuite in the master bedroom, a family bathroom and a shower cubicle in one of the other bedrooms. There is also a shower and toilet in the swimming pool area. The swimming pool area was clean, and the family made full use of it.
There were however a couple of negative points to make.
1. There was no user manual for anyone staying there. Lots of information of rules and regulations for the swimming pool but nothing on the house itself.
2.We found that mid-afternoon there was never any hot water. If we returned from the beach and planning on going out for dinner at 6pm some of us had to have a cold shower as we could not figure out how to boost the water heating system.
3.The barbeque was filthy – we love had a barbeque and as soon as arrived on the Saturday this was out plan. However, it took well over an hour to clean the barbeque. I know this is probably not the responsibility of the cleaner, but every other villa/house we have stayed in guests have been asked to leave the barbeque clean.
Overall the house is amazing - just a couple of minor points.
We would definitely go back!
Thanks for the kind review we are sorry you didn’t see the notice on the wall above the keys describing how to turn the hot water on so we shall put this into a user manual. There is a shower in the pool room that is electric and constantly hot just in case there should be any problems with the hot water system .
We have considered removing the barbecue as guests tend to forget to clean it and it does cause issues, which is why we don’t advertise having one. However most guests do enjoy having this facility
Regarding the listing showing 4 bathrooms this is out side of our control due to the Homeaway website if you have a shower they list it as a bathroom, which is why we clearly describe what we have in the bathroom listing. We are glad you had a good time and are thinking of returning ,we shall implement your suggestions and look forward to you staying with us again
Lovely house although there are not 4 bathrooms!!
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Porthminster House which is in a great location to explore St Ives, being 10minutes walk to beach or the town. However, there are a few issues that were disappointing.
1. We arrived to find that there is a very active and quite extensive building site next door, which woke us up before 8 o'clock every morning. Some advance notice of this would have been nice, if only to give advance notice to bring ear plugs!! One builder started banging nails in about 20 feet away from my pillow in the bedroom, which wasn't great at all.
2. THERE ARE NOT FOUR BATHROOMS, as advertised!! When there are 9 of you all trying to get changed in the morning and evening, having numerous bathrooms is extremely useful and was one of the reasons we booked the property. There is one en-suite, one bathroom at first floor, a shower only in another bedroom, and a shower and toilet off the pool area in the basement, which is difficult to use as a bathroom. This should be changed on the details immediately as it is very misleading.
3. The photos for the property clearly show a table tennis table and table football game off the main patio area. These were not there, very disappointing for the 3 no. children in our party (and the Dad's!!). Luckily, the pool is excellent, with a hot tub, so this was an excellent and well used substitute. Some better details on how to use the hot tub would have been useful, rather than the massive amount of pool rules, some of which were a little unnecessary.
4. One of the chairs in the kitchen area was broken before we used it, only discovering this when someone tried to sit on it. Luckily, no injuries!
5. The lack of a ground floor toilet, or even a third toilet outside of the pool room, was challenging at times.
6. In these days of environmental awareness, the lack of recycling facilities was very poor. Even my 9 YO daughter was astonished that all plastic, paper, cans and glass went straight into the main bin. This needs sorting as Cornwall does recycle.
A great house for socialising with friends, with plenty of room to sit, although access to the outside BBQ area is quite limited as no access was allowed through the pool room.
We all really enjoyed our stay, but for the money that we paid for this house for a week, we all feel that the number of issues detailed above did impact on the value for money of this property.
Good house about 15 mins from the centre of St Ives.
Spacious and comfortable
Our party of 4 adults, 2 teenagers and 2 smaller children enjoyed a great week in St Ives. The house is large and well equipped. The weather was generally fine but the indoor pool was great, especially when the rain fell. There is plenty of room throughout. The main balcony affords a fine view of the bay and we did manage to eat on it a couple of times.
The house is located above the resort. If you don't fancy the climb back, a taxi from the square was £4 or the bus to the main town car park is £1 and runs frequently.
Thanks Keith,Carole and I are pleased you had a good week, thanks for the kind review.
Perfect Place in a Great Location
Just returned from a great week at Porthminster House in St Ives. House is fantastic with stunning views from living room and master bedroom. Breakfast on the balcony overlooking St Ives Bay is a treat and not to be missed. Indoor pool is larger than it looks and couldn't get the teenagers out of it.. swim in the morning ...swim in the evening .....with a terrace at the side for hot days. Superb.
House is really smart and well looked after with the comfiest sofa set ever..hard not to fall asleep every time you sit. Lots of leaflets around the house with places to go and things to do and lots of local artwork on the walls. Owners are really friendly and left us a cream tea to begin our week with homemade scones which was a nice touch.
Had a great time exploring all the different hidden passages down to St Ives and the beach and didn't get a taxi back once. If anyone struggles with steps a taxi back from the town or beach is less than a fiver but only takes 5 minutes to walk down. Loads of spare parking at the house which is a bonus in St Ives especially in August.
Cant fault anything and we had a great time and look forward to returning in the future. Thanks
Fantastic location minutes to the stunning Porthminster beach, a particular favourite of mine. I stayed here with my family for a week. I woke up every morning to a swim in the heated pool before breakfast on the balcony with panoramic views, such a treat! Highly recommended, well worth the stay!
Kust / Strand:
Het strand van Porthminster ligt op 5 minuten lopen. Alle andere St Ives winkels, cafes en stranden liggen op 5 tot 10 minuten lopen.
Het kustpad ligt op 5 minuten lopen.
Newquay airport ligt op 45 minuten rijden.
Het treinstation van St Ives met zijn schilderachtige kustverbinding naar St Erth (Londen Paddington 5 uur) ligt op 5 minuten lopen.
St Ives busstation 5 minuten.
Veerboot van Plymouth (verbindingen naar Frankrijk en Spanje) 1 uur 30 m.
Het stadscentrum van St Ives ligt op 5 minuten lopen, met zijn haven en kunstgalerieën (waaronder de Tate Gallery).
Penzance ligt op 15 minuten rijden, met zijn veerverbindingen naar de Scilly-eilanden.
Het Eden Project ligt op 45 minuten rijden.
Het beroemde Porhminster Beach Cafe ligt op 5 minuten afstand evenals ongeveer 50 andere restaurants in St Ives, evenals banken, supermarkten, een postkantoor, een bioscoop, enz.