|Minimum verblijf||7 nachten|
Uw boeking wordt gegarandeerd met onze Boek met vertrouwen garantie wanneer u uw reservering online voltooit en de betaling afhandelt via HomeAway.Meer informatie
IMPORTANT: The advertised rental rate is for use of the villa by up to 6 people and includes utility bills and use of our facilities. 50% of the total tariff is required as a non-refundable deposit to secure your booking. Your balance is then to be settled 10 days before arrival if booking online or on the day of arrival, if settling your balance by debit/credit card via our POS machine. Saturday is the changeover day in the summer. Optional final cleaning service of Euro60 to be paid once here. Contact email@example.com for holiday quotes of more than a week.
Relaxed and comfortable apartment (Olympia). A thorough and tasteful restoration of the building. The apartment facilities are very nice and "modern". Headroom in top bathroom somewhat limited, but nothing serious. Nice pool - kids depth, but refreshing on the hot July days. We had the good fortune of being invited to a social gathering with pizza in the village on the day of arrival - what an experience! Ruth and Andrea are the most caring and resourceful hosts you can imagine. The area is blindingly beautiful - even the trip to the post office is an experience! Highly recommended.
Our family of 4 (including 2 children, 10 and 7) stayed at 6Stanco in early July 2015. We were very lucky with great weather for the whole two weeks of our stay which certainly added to the experience.
We cannot say enough about how welcome Ruth and Andrea made us feel as guests at their beautiful property. 6Stanco is a beautiful location in a very small village with stunning views across the surrounding valleys and hills. It was a fantastic place to unwind and experience some real Italy, without hordes of tourists. The property is idyllic, clean and well maintained. The old building have been beautiffully renovated and are spacious and modern inside. It has a great pool which we certainly made use of, given the heat! There are also some great outdoor areas where several of the families ate together or enjoyed evening drinks as the sun set. Some of our highlights and tips for other who might be thinking of staying:
- Its less than 3 km down the hill to the village of Grizzana Morandi. We really enjoyed a morning walk to the village for a coffee and brioche in the local coffee shop/bar - Bar Pina. There is also a small supermarket and a local bakery (Forno Guido) than makes an incredible jam covered torte. Don't miss this if you stay! Also easy to continue further down the valley to Vergato if you need some more serious shopping.
- We used the local train station to make day trips to both Florence and Bologna. We particularly enjoyed Bologna as its a beautiful city with lots of shade from the sun under the porticos. Its also not quite as crazy as Florence in the summer.
- Also about a 1 hour car ride to Maranello or Sant'Agata to visit the respective homes of Ferrari and Lamborghini. Both car museums are well worth the visit and you can hire cars near both for a spin if your heart and wallet are up to the task.
- Some great little local restaurants within walking distance of 6Stanco. We particularly enjoyed Nel Castagneto, which is a short walk away. Christina who manages the restaurant also runs cooking classes where she will show you how to make the local pasta and biscuits. We brought the kids and we all had a great afternoon making our dinner for later that evening. La Prada, up the hill, was also very good.
- Lots of beautiful little villages, valleys etc to visit in the surrounding hills. Ruth has an excellent guide to these which provides all the details. I would mention the Labante waterfall and the lakes
We found Olimpia clean and well maintained, it's new and done to a high standard. They're all very friendly and helpful. You'll need a car. The nearest town, Vergato is good for groceries, very good groceries. It's well situated, you can see the motorway in the valley with Bologna to the north and Florence to the south. We made day trips as far as Verona, Siena and Pisa and Carrara and a lot in between. We ate in a local restaraunt, a place that translates to 'The Chestnuts' I believe, it was quiet and the food was very good. Everywhere, the food is of a high standard. There was four of us, my wife and 3 year old son and my father and my brother rode in by motorcycle for a couple of days and we all ate figs out of the garden.
We'd all recommend Olimpia to anyone.
We spent a week staying a 6 Stanco in late May 2009
We had an excellent time and after just a few days back at home we are already keen to make plans to go back.
We had a really peaceful and relaxing time. 6 Stanco is in a beautiful mountain setting, and has spectacular views and sunsets.
The apartment (Olimpia) was stylish, comfortable and well equipped. The other apartments are equally as good. Some real thought and effort has gone in to their design and conversion.
The property was very clean, well maintained and the owner (Ruth) worked very hard to make sure we had all we needed to make us feel at home.
The description of the accommodation provided was accurate.
Ruth and her family were very welcoming and my children were very sad to leave their new found friends at the end of the week. We are really missing being there.
My children enjoyed exploring the garden and loved the trampoline and pool (which Ruth kindly opened up early for us).
I am very keen to visit again and would strongly recommend this for a holiday rental.
The nearby village and restaurant are good and very welcoming; by the end of our stay we were starting to fell like part of the community.
The apartment was also an excellent base for exploring Emilia Romagna:
Modena and Maranello make an excellent day trips. Porretta Terme is nearby and good for shopping and restaurants.
The surrounding countryside would also me great for mountain biking.
The trip to/from Bologna airport can be done in 45 minutes (given a good SatNav or map reader)
This holiday gave us a great relaxing break, a taste of Italian life, with the added bonus of a chance to make some easy and very interesting day trips.