|Minimum verblijf||2 nachten|
Uw boeking wordt gegarandeerd met onze Boek met vertrouwen garantie wanneer u uw reservering online voltooit en de betaling afhandelt via HomeAway.Meer informatie
In the event of a reservation being cancelled the deposit will not be refunded. Should the reservation be cancelled less than 20 days before the arrival date, the full payment will be required. Should the nights of a cancelled reservation being booked to another guest in the interim, the paid amount will be all refunded less 50 Euros for administration fees.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Casa Olea (in the blue apartment downstairs in the old barn). We loved the design and fitting of the house and the garden; it has all been done extremely luxuriously. The house is up the hill from Varenna and the views are speldid and well worth the trip (you do need a car though). The owner is very helpful with directions as well as helping out with any (minor) problems we came across during our stay. We spent a marvellous week in Casa Olea and will definitely be back!
1) No regrets stay. Room is fine. Views are superb. Pool is a great cool-off on hot days after trudging around Como.
2) Kitchen in the unit we used had a microwave and cooktop - find for most cooking.
3) Little corner store 3 min away by foot was more than sufficient....wine, fruit, vegetables, bread, cereal, other beverages, pasta, etc etc.
4) Indoor secured parking for your car is included. Bring your Ferrari.
ISSUES TO CONSIDER
We give it 4 stars in spite of the issues here, because if you understand and accept the balance between issues and benefits, and in particular if you value the UNREAL view (as we do) you'll accommodate the issues too.
1) This is a multi-unit building, so if you have noisy neighbors in the room next door...it's, well, noisy. Locals nearby can be noisy too, especially FriSat nights. You want super quiet? Not here, though probably less noisy than down in town. We ended the practice of living in apartments in 1973 and usually rent houses or occasional apartments in Europe, so perhaps we're jaded.
2) Access to town might be problematic - the bus down to the station is infrequent relative to my preference, and doesn't run after late-afternoon to bring you back up the hill after dinner. We used a cab often which was effective but at 10E per trip, some may find the cost prohibitive. We just considered it a cost of this location with a view, as expected. Driving to town each day might be only marginally cheaper than the cab (parking costs), unless we got a free parking spot at the south end of town....but I don't drive home after dinner and wine, and wine at dinner is a requirement in IT travel. :-)
3) The restaurant next door is now a B&B, so that option of travel to dinner by foot is gone. The bar/rest sortathing nearby was closed for the month we were there, so as far as we and the cab driver could determine, if we wanted someone to cook for us, we had to go some distance by car or bus. We prefer walking to dinner in Europe, so this location didn't work for us and may not work for you. Dinners down in town were always winners...just required the cab ride home.
Een modern en comfortabel ingericht appartement (Rosso, rechtsbeneden).
Het huis straalt luxe en comfort uit en is een genot om in te verblijven.
Het uitzicht is geweldig mooi.
Zowel het appartement als het zwembad zijn erg schoon.
Er zijn veel mogelijkheden voor uitstapjes aan het Comomeer of richting Milaan.
I found this property on VRBO This is truly a lovely property overlooking the beautiful Lake Como! We rented the Rosso apartment for a week. First off, the property sits on a hill in the village of Perledo just above Varenna. It has an exceptional view of the lake. Our apartment was two story with the first floor being a bedroom and bath. The bedroom had two windows with a view of the lake. The second floor contained a kitchen, dining area, sofa, and television. The balcony ran the length of the room and the entire lakeside wall was of glass. Signora Sala made optimum use of natural rock and wood throughout the apartment which gave one a lovely rustic feeling. Below our apartment on the property was a grass area, rectangular swimming pool, and below the swimming pool was an enclosed garage for parking and doing laundry. To get to a post office, grocery store which had everything we needed to prepare tasty meals, and a nice local bar that served a delicious lunch all one had to do was walk for a couple of minutes along cobblestone walkways. One has the choice of driving into Varenna, however, we often took a bus that we caught between the grocery store and bar. The cost to take the bus was 1.50 Euro per round trip ticket as I recall. The bus would drop us off at the train station in town. In addition, one could elect to take a taxi for 10 Euro for two each direction. One day we walked down along a narrow meandering path to town which took us approximately 50 minutes to get to the train station. The area was beautiful and quiet. Signora Sala was a pleasure to work with and she was extremely helpful in every way. We loved it and should we visit Lake Como in the future we will stay in the same apartment. We simply enjoyed a wonderful experience.
Wir haben die Ferien in Casa Olea sehr genossen. Die Appartments sind sehr schön gestaltet mit den Materialien Holz, Glas und Beton. Der Blick ist wunderbar, vor allem aus dem Schlafzimmer im 1. Stock, wo man vom Bett aus, weit über den See und auf die Berge blickt.
The location is incredible - perched on a hillside looking down to the Lake and as the property has huge sliding glass windows all the way across the front, the view is totally unobstructed. The village of Perledo is lovely too, all narrow little streets and steps and so Italian, it was just perfect. The local shop is really well stocked as well.
The property and its ground are incredibly stylish, and it felt like a real treat to be in such a superb place. It must have been designed by a fantastic architect and the interior design was great too. Underfloor heating was a nice touch, the pool was ultra swish..I could go on.
To put it simply, we cannot wait to go back.