Condo, 2 slaapkamers, 2 badkamers, (4 personen). Je hebt gelijk in de Blue Pacific!
100% terugbetaling bij annulering ten minste 60 dagen voor de aankomstdatum.
206A Poipu Shires
Great views, location. Has all the basic amenities you could want or need including blow dryers, laundry, utensils and cookware. Floor is a little uncomfortable as per previous reviews but nothing overly terrible. Wish the couch was more comfortable, though. Digs are a little out dated but you really shouldn’t be spending all your time in the condo. Overall, great place for a couple with a kid or a small group of friends.
Dated and overpriced
The condo needs some serious TLC. We would have given this a 2 star but it does have a great view, good pool and a 5 minute walk to the beach. When we first arrived the whole place smelled like the cheap laundry soap that is supplied. Dressers in both rooms had broken knobs and drawers. The bedspread in the second room upon arrival was covered with food and dirt. Some of the turn knobs to open the window slates were either broken or couldn't be turned at all. The floor was very uncomfortable to walk on with bare feet. The bathroom in the master bedroom is very very very tiny(barely enough room to step in and close the door). The screen doors to the lanai fell off the tracks when touched or strong winds. When standing on the lanai you were standing in a puddle water as there was no drainage. This could easily be a 5 star place but neglect and attention to detail has taken its toll.
We would not stay here again.
The view is the best thing about this condo. The beds were comfortable, but the second bedroom is so small, there was no where to put your clothes away, except for a tiny closet and a small dresser that had broken knobs and the drawers were difficult to open and close. Some of the glass blinds didn't close all the way or were very difficult to turn because the handles were so corroded, one was completely broken and came off in your hand, obviously because of the closeness to the ocean but we were in another condo here and theirs worked great. The master bedroom/bathroom was very nice and the view was great. The living room furniture is uncomfortable and the wicker sofa is very worn. The seagrass flooring was uncomfortable on your feet and we all chose to wear socks or slippers in the evenings. The copper kitchen counters were peeling so bad, when you wiped them down, you had this odd plastic material all over your washcloth. The pots and pans were new but I had to scrub the blender to make tropical drinks because it was so dirty. There are no bar stools at the kitchen bar, we thought that was strange. We saw turtles and whales every day from the lanai and liked the high bar stools, except for the fact the vinyl is broken on the back of all of them. This condo feels very dark because of the Indonesian type of furnishings. The pool was awesome and very warm.
We are so sad that we did not meet your expectations. Sadly, you can during a time of horrible weather and it made for lots of maintenance issues and guests who wear not thrilled with rainy vacations. The jalousie windows in the condo were especially affected as the salt air was creating havoc with their old timey mechanisms. We have many comments regarding the tropical sea grass carpets. Most people are thrilled with the look and feel they bring.
We live in Poipu and have a staff who is on property there every day. We always hope that our guests will reach out to us if they have any concerns so we can address them immediately. We never heard from you! We hate to think about people stewing and being unhappy when many things can be attended to immediately.
We do hope that you made the best of your holiday, despite the heavy rains, and found some magic on the Garden Island.
Mahalo and aloha,
Tom and Patricia
Great location. Wish it had a sand beach but we found it.
uncomfortable and not worth the money
To say that we were disappointed is an understatement. The only nice thing about this unit is the view. We were booked for 10d but after just 4d we left to find a more comfortable and clean unit for the remainder of our stay. This place isn't worth the money at all. Here's why: 1. Look carefully at the pics and you see there is NO carpet...instead it is a sisal/wicker hard surface which HURT to walk on! When I called to complain I was told owners like the "beach" look and feel and won't upgrade to carpet (even at realtor's suggestion). Told us to wear our shoes if our feet hurt and offered to bring throw rugs (Patricia did bring 2 but it's not enough to cover the whole unit!) Who wants to wear their shoes all day in the unit?!? 2. While we knew there was no A/C and have stayed in Poipu many times and not had a problem this unit gets ZERO air flow. It is stifling & I therefore was unable to sleep pretty much at all. 3. There was NO soap. Shower dispensers empty. No bar soap. Dispensers for sinks (once you pumped about 10x) was a very runny liquid that was a poor excuse for soap. Why should we have had to call to ask for soap? We shouldn't have, so we didn't. 4. DIRTY POTS, SILVERWARE & COFFEE POT! The coffee pot had dried grounds in it! Clearly hadn't even been rinsed and the machine itself looked like it had never been cleaned. Found several dirty pots and silverware with food crusted on them. 5. The balcony furniture in the picture is NOT what is in the unit. The unit has the most uncomfortable bar style (high) table and chairs -- height wasn't a problem but the chairs had no armrests. Completely uncomfortable. Not to mention the table, 4 chairs AND a lounge chair were all rammed onto a tiny lanai which made it too crowded. When I asked if we could get a small low table and chairs I was told "you have to have the hightop table so you can see over the railing to see the ocean." UMMM - not so! Look at the pictures above (and we looked at all the other units while we were sitting at the pool) --- the balcony is GLASS and you can see right thru it to see the ocean! So we never sat on the lanai either. 6. Unit is tiny - made even moreso by the giant furniture. This unit needs smaller furniture in order to feel more comfortable. 7. Broken disposal & light switches.
We appreciate the time the guest took to write this review. Of course, no property manager likes to get this kind of review. So allow us to make a point by point comment…
1. About 1 out of 10 guests make a comment on the seagrass flooring. It, in fact, is a very tropical look. The owners of this condo do like the look and feel of it and we do not attempt “hide” the floorcovering as it is clearly shown in the video and stills on our site. Many homes and condos on the island have seagrass. The guest did tell us that she had plantar fasciitis and walking on anything is painful.
2. We are in the middle of a very unusual heat wave here, going on over 3 weeks, with temperatures in the low 90’s with no trade winds to speak of. Everyone on Kauai is feeling the heat. The owners are sensitive to this and are now in the process of installing an AC solution in the next month or so. There were three ceiling fans as well as free standing fans for their use.
3. No excuse for this. Our cleaning crew has been notified. This is not our norm by any means.
4. No excuse for this. Our cleaning crew has been notified. This is not our norm by any means.
5. It is difficult to keep up our photos when furniture is upgraded, as was the case here. The correct lanai furniture was shown on our virtual tour available to all visitors on VRBO. Our guests at all our oceanfront properties prefer bar style chairs so their view is completely unobstructed. Most of our homes have upgraded to this style, because while the barrier is glass, the top is metal which is pretty close to eye level if viewing from a standard chair.
6. Each condo is decorated to the owner’s taste, which this guest didn’t feel akin to.
7. Running a disposal is not in the normal out cleaning process. This guest should have contacted us and we would have repaired any issues which she uncovered during her stay. This home has dimmer switches and often when the dimmer is slid all the way down, turning on and off the lights creates no light.
We are sorry this guest was so unhappy. It is never our intent. If this guest would have communicated her unhappiness and displeasure, we would have gladly moved them to other available oceanfront homes on the property. We had two that were open. We have a staff to deal with these
This is a nice condo with absolutely amazing views of the ocean--we saw whales and sea turtles almost every day and also saw dolphins--all right off our balcony. It is also very close to the Poipu Beach--just a few hundred yards.
Zeer weinig locaties op Kauai zijn volledig oceaan. Dramatische oceaan audio en uitzicht langs de zuidkust, met nauwe toegang tot het strand. Kleine boetiekhotel, met slechts 38 appartementen, allemaal oceaan. Spectaculaire oceaan zwembad. Rustig, veilig en rustig. Prachtige botanische tuinen achter de woning, met eigen parkeerplaats.