|Minimum verblijf||2 nachten|
Uw boeking wordt gegarandeerd met onze Boek met vertrouwen garantie wanneer u uw reservering online voltooit en de betaling afhandelt via HomeAway.Meer informatie
Je zult echt het gevoel dat je de drukte op dit prachtige pand zijn ontsnapt. Authentieke blokhut is gelegen op een heuvel met uitzicht op een 50 acre prive meer. Breng uw dagen zwemmen, vissen (geen vergunning vereist als het een prive-meer), kanoën, kajakken en wandelen. Geniet van uw koffie op de kade of in de gescreende tuinhuisje aan het water. Plus - een mijl totale particuliere voorgevel op de Rappahannock (in droger weer een 'brongebieden' beek waar kinderen kunnen waden en splash en stoeien).
Het pand is afgelegen en een echte vondst one-of-a-kind. Drie mijl naar de dichtstbijzijnde provinciale weg. Zonder verkeer, 1 1/4 uur rijden naar / van DC.
Lakeside tuinhuisje, dek / dock gebied, zwemmen zweven. Kajaks, kano.
Dit is een unieke en prive-retraite. Het is tot nu toe aan het eind van de weg vindt u waarschijnlijk niet zien iemand anders tijdens uw verblijf. De veranda is een favoriete plek voor rocken en praten. De schaduwrijke picknickplaats en het kampvuur pit zijn prachtige bijeenkomst plekken.
Het tuinhuisje en dock gebied zijn speciale plaatsen voor kinderen en volwassenen.
Great place to stay even in the winter. We loved the cabin and the lake. I would love to bring the kids this summer if we are able.
We couldn't be happier with this excellent rental. The owners were so warm and welcoming and went out of their way to make our stay special. Put up a Christmas Tree and sweet decorations and plenty of fire wood. We were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary! Close to Warrenton yet far from everything. Beautiful morning sky.
This cabin is lovely, cozy & very private.We were there in mid-October, so we really enjoyed the fireplace, or sitting on the porch in a rocker wrapped in a blanket, cup of coffee & book in hand... Usually... Which brings me to a few things which were often disconcerting reality checks:
1. The drive to the cabin is a LONG way down a dirt road. You turn off the main road, off the secondary road, off the dirt road onto a dirt track which might well be impassable following a good rain. After all that turning and traversing, you'd expect to be so far back in the woods you'd never know there were other humans on earth! What you have actually done is complete about 4/5 of a circle and you end up not actually that far (as the crow flies) from that main road. In the quiet evening we could hear road noise from the main highway. There was a large construction project underway on that road, and during the day we could CLEARLY hear the construction equipment & the voices of the workers calling back and forth to each other, usually for most of the day. Added to that, there was some construction (sawing & nail guns) nearby. Consequently, we were occasionally forced inside to escape the noise. It's a beautiful place, but don't get to thinking you are alone.
2. The Stink-Bug Ick Factor is exceptionally high. They are everywhere. We both live/have lived in the country. Bugs & such do not cause us to be horrified. But really, they are everywhere. It's not that the owners fail to keep the place clean, or fail to do something to keep them out. This is simply a plague of Biblical proportion, against which humans have little way to stem the tide. Do not leave your suitcase open. You WILL bring some home with you.
3. There isn't really a trail around the lake. Do not think you can take a quiet afternoon hike around the pretty lake. You'd need a machete & a native guide.
4. The key left for us at the cabin did not work on the gate down the road. Each time we came & went we had to climb through a fence & extract a hidden key from a lock box attached to a tree at such an angle that the first time, when the cover popped off, the key fell into the 1 ft. deep layer of dead leaves below, in the mist, in the growing dark, with only light from a cell phone to search by... Following that, we understood that extracting that key was a 2-person job. One to work the lockbox & one to catch the key.
5. Do not arrive for the first time in the dusk/dark.
We had a wonderful 4 days at the cabin - location is close enough for day trip to the mountains of Shenandoah National park or the sites of Washington DC and Arlington. We spent one day at the cabin, never leaving it, just to enjoy the lake and the scenery. It was the perfect spot to wrap up our fall vacation.
Super top notch. Hospitality was over and above.
Water access was excellent - both river and lake.
House is just amazing. So much character.
Stop what you're doing...and go here.
The pictures of this property do not do it justice. The location is very special as it is serene, private, peaceful and so naturally beautiful. The views are outstanding, the wildlife is plentiful. The property itself is well taken care of, and as you look around, you see evidence of a lot of love and generosity in this home. The owners were very accommodating and it was a perfect place to take our 6 and 10 year old grandchildren for a long weekend on Veteran's Day. The house was well stocked and they have thought of everything! We hiked, went out on the canoe, went fishing, had a bonfire, and enjoyed the beautiful full moon and stars. The swing was a super hit with the kids. We did not want to leave and will be back! Thank you!
|Periode||Minimum prijs||Extra nachten||Weekend overnachting||Wekelijks||Maandelijks||Evenement|
2 nacht minimum verblijf
voor 2 nachten
On holiday weekends, Sunday is considered a weekend night ($200-250).