Cottage, 5 Slaapkamers + Convertible bed (den), 3 Baden, (Slaapruimte voor 9-10)
Melissa - faster response via e-mail than phone
Roken niet toegestaan
100% terugbetaling bij annulering ten minste 14 dagen voor de aankomstdatum. 50% terugbetaling bij annulering ten minste 7 dagen voor de aankomstdatum.
Wonderful house, great location, needs new carpets, nicest knives in a rental kitchen we have seen.
Melissa the owner is a pro - and it was a pleasure to deal with her and her lovely beach house. The house does need some updating (e.g. carpets), and the pantry feels like it needs a reorg after far too many renters putting away unused stuff at end of vacation. But location superb and great opportunities for kids to explore and find other kids to play with. We would return in a heartbeat, esp if we had friends renting the nearby houses. Very happy memories - thank you to Melissa!
The views are truly amazing, especially the downstairs bedroom that overlooks the ocean. It was everyone's favorite room! The kitchen and bathrooms are all beautifully updated. The ocean views from all but one room truly make this a spectacular home. The owners were friendly and responsive and returned the security deposit within a week of my departure. I would recommend this home to family and friends and hope to get back there next year!
Great intergenerational vacation spot!
Such a charming beach home right on the water. My young daughter was thrilled with the first floor (twin) bedroom that overlooks the beach. The views from the cottage are incredible. All the bedrooms except for one face the water. The little bedroom that faces the street happens to be a great place to try to let little ones sleep in. This house has been recently updated and the kitchen and bathrooms all appear to be quite new. The unit was very clean when we arrived. There is wireless internet at the house which did require us some communication with the owners to figure out (the info was actually there but my old eyes didn't see it!) The owners addressed our messages quickly. My little ones spent the week digging in the sand, looking for beach treasures, and shopping at Garvin's across the street. The little store is a great place to pick up souvenirs and italian ice. There are some great local golf courses that my husband and brother took advantage of. We had a lot of visitors at the house and everyone was impressed. We would not hesitate to recommend this rental to family and friends. I am already planning my return trip!!
Summer 2011 at Hawk's Nest Beach
As I opened the door to the rental my initial reaction was...I really hope I am in the right house! It was beautiful! We have rented at Hawk's Nest Beach for the last 14 years (and before as I grew up going to Hawk's Nest) and have always been happy with our cottages. This rental was beyond our expectations. The house is by far the best place we have ever stayed in Old Lyme and clearly very loved by it's owners. They put such thought into the fixtures and decorations. I have never rented a cottage that I didn't feel like I needed to clean up a bit before I put my things in (mostly kitchen/bathrooms)...this was a first...my clorox cleanup never came out of the box. My family had the best week we have ever experienced between the weather and the comfort of this rental. I am ready to send my deposit for next summer...I had great communication before our stay and there wasn't a single issue to contact the owners about during our stay. My deposit was returned promptly. The rooms were exactly as pictured and described, clean and comfortable. The kitchen and bathrooms were outstanding! The beach area is great...the yard was the best for shady reading with a view of the ocean. This was the first time in 14 years that I was not ready to go home by the end of the week. We will never rent anywhere else in Old Lyme again...this is our spot for as long as the house is a rental. Thank you!
1. The house is located right on the beach with direct proximity to the water.
2. There is a nice deck for dining, but do bring your bug spray.
1. When we arrived, we were quite dismayed to find a large, smelly urine stain on the quilt in one of the queen bedrooms.
2. There was no mattress pad on that same bed.
3. In the other queen room, the mattress pad was soiled.
4. There were holes in some of the screens (and no a/c so the windows had to be opened). Of course bugs had easy entry into the home.
5. Although the home was supposed to have been clean, there was hair in the master shower and lots of specks on the carpet. The carpets were very stained and the sofas in one of the living rooms had stains as well.
6. The sink in the kitchen had a major leak and we had to place many towels on the floor each day in order to keep the water from running all over. Every day, a load of towels had to be washed because of this. We reported the leak on Monday but did not get a response until Friday when a plumber showed up to fix it.
7. Additionally, when we arrived, the windows in the living room would not open as there was only one turn knob and it was sitting on the sill. When we tried to put it onto the window, it would not connect. Luckily my husband brought his tools with him and was able to open the two windows with a wrench.
8. The coil in one of the ovens was not working.
9. There was no means visible to us for cleaning off the sand outside. We did not find a shower or any faucet.
Although we were informed ahead of time that there was no cleaning service for this home and that we were to leave it as we found it, we scrubbed the showers, toilets and sinks with comet. We swept the floors and outside deck. We vacuumed the carpets and mopped the linoleum floors. The mattress pads were washed as were the rugs in one of the bathrooms.
Unbelievably, these owners deducted money from our security deposit for 3 1/2 hours of cleaning that they said was done after we left. I made numerous calls to the owners 3 telephones but did not get to speak with anyone until I made my telephone number private and then the owner answered. (Even though I had called just prior to that without making my telephone number private and the call went unanswered.) I asked for verification on exactly what was found and what times the cleaner was there, but have not gotten a response to that.
This renter left our property absolutely filthy and demanded that we return the full security deposit even though we were forced to pay our cleaning service for 3 1/2 hours of work. We are in our fifth rental season and, to date, this is the ONLY renter we have ever needed to charge for cleaning. We encourage anyone interested in renting our home to visit the property before committing. It is truly spectacular. Sara and friends, however, are not welcomed back...
Binnen 30 minuten rijden, Mystic Seaport, Mystic Aquarium, Foxwoods & Mohegan Sun Casinos, outlet winkels, veel fijne kunstgaleries en antiekwinkels, Florence Griswold Museum, Essex Steam Train, casual en fijn dineren in de buurt